Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution (BSTI) is a government agency under the Ministry of Industries, Bangladesh, which is primarily designed to control the quality of services and products. It is headquartered in Dhaka and has regional offices in six divisional cities of the country.
Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution was established as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Industries by merging the Central Testing Laboratory and Bangladesh Standards Institution through Ordinance 38 issued by the Government of Bangladesh in 1975. Later, in 1995, the Directorate of Marketing and Classification of Agricultural Products under the Ministry of Commerce was also merged with BSTI.
BSTI currently has membership of the following organizations:
- International Organization for Legal Metrology (OIML)
- Codex Elementary Commission (CAC)
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- Asia Pacific Metrology Program (APMP)
- Asian Forum for Information Technology (AFIT)
- International Standards Organization (ISONet)
- Standing Group for Standardization, Metrology, Testing and Quality
- International Bureau of Weights and Measures (BIPM)