Bangladesh Jute Research Institute is the only research institute of jute and jute fiber crop in Bangladesh. Jute research in the country started in 1936 with the establishment of the Jute Agricultural Research Laboratory in Dhaka under the Indian Central Jute Committee (ICJC). In 1951, the Indian Central Jute Committee (ICJC) was replaced by the Pakistan Central Jute Committee (PCJC) which was headquartered in Dhaka. The Jute Laboratory was established in 1951 under the Central Jute Committee of Pakistan. After the independence of Bangladesh, the present Bangladesh Jute Research Institute was established by an Act of 1974 (amended in 1996).
Jute is one of the cash crops of Bangladesh. Soon after Bangladesh gained independence in 1971, it placed special emphasis on the jute industry. The Bangladesh Jute Research Institute was established in the same year under the 1974 Jute Act of the Government of Bangladesh. The law was later amended in 1997 to carry out the following functions:
- Research on jute and other fiber producing crops and products derived from them and publishing its results.
- Production, testing, extension and supply of Pedigree of improved jute seeds to institutions, producers or other similar agencies certified by the Board.
- Establishment of research centers, sub-stations, pilot projects and farms in different parts of the country for the purpose of research on jute and other fiber producing crops and their products.
- Determining the project area for the purpose of demonstrating the varieties developed by the Institute and training the farmers of the concerned area in cultivating the said jute.
- Publish annual reports, monographs, bulletins and other publications on jute research and institutes.
- Arranging training on advanced and modern cultivation methods of jute and other fiber producing crops, training of advanced farmers, as well as training of technical persons in the use of technical subjects.
- To conduct other necessary activities for the implementation of the objectives of the Jute Act.
The purpose of
- Agricultural, technical and economic research, management and production of jute and all class fiber crops and expansion of researched technology.
- Production, management, testing, supply and production of quality jute seeds in limited quantities with improved quality purity, collection and distribution to selected farmers, recognized institutions and agencies approved by the Board.
- Establishment of research centers, pilot projects and farms in different parts of the country for the purpose of research on various problems related to jute and its fiber products, jute products and accessories.
- To organize training of jute related officers, employees and jute cultivators on improved methods of cultivation of jute and allied fiber crops and training of manpower related to jute industry on technical research technology related to jute.
- The impact of jute cultivation is much greater in North Bengal. Therefore, about 90 percent of jute is imported from North Bengal.
bangladesh jute research institute dhaka
bangladesh jute research institute job circular 2020
bangladesh jute research institute job circular 2019
bangladesh jute research institute job circular
bangladesh jute research institute circular 2019
bangladesh jute research institute admit card
bangladesh jute research institute job circular 2018
bangladesh jute research institute headquarters
bangladesh jute research institute (bjri)
bangladesh jute research institute address
bangladesh jute research institute circular
bangladesh jute research institute exam result
jute research institute in bangladesh
job in bangladesh jute research institute
international jute research institute bangladesh
bangladesh jute research institute job
job circular of bangladesh jute research institute
bangladesh jute research institute question
bangladesh jute research institute result
bd jute research institute
www.bangladesh jute research institute